Here’s a quick, easy, and simple salsa that you can make at home with only 6 ingredients. This is the only salsa we eat at home. In fact, we love it so much – store bought salsa just tastes gross to us now! All you need are some onions, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and canned whole tomatoes. Toss everything in a food processor, give it some pulse action, and TADA – fresh, homemade salsa!
I like to put the onions, jalapeños, and cilantro in the food processor first so they get a nice even dice before putting in the tomatoes. Add the salt and lime juice in with the whole tomatoes and pulse a couple times until you have the consistency you like. Less pulse action will give you chunkier salsa.
Taste test to see if more salt or lime is needed. Store in a jar or airtight container for up to 4-5 days, although ours never lasts that long! The best part about homemade salsa is you can play with the ingredients and portions until you find the perfect combination of tang and spice. This recipe yields a pretty tangy, mild salsa.
Post in the comments if you have any suggestions on how to make the perfect homemade salsa. Until next time!
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 1/2 jalapeño, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup cilantro, de-stemmed
- 1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- Put onions, jalapeño, and cilantro in food processor and pulse 4-5 times or until evenly diced
- Add tomatoes, salt and lime juice and pulse a couple more times until combined and the consistency you want
- Add any extra salt or lime juice to taste
- Store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.