I have been aching to make a batch of these cookies for months now! I finally got around to it and decided to switch things up by adding some chocolate chips to my go-to M&M cookies. My husband is not much of a sweet tooth, but these cookies he loves! This might actually be the ONLY dessert I make that he enjoys with me.
These cookies are soft and chewy and are good for up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container. What’s so great about M&Ms is that they usually come out with holiday or event themed packs every year with different candy color combinations – so you can brighten up your batch of cookies with colors that fit any occasion!
You could also swap out the M&Ms for other types of candy too! I’ve tried this recipe with Reece’s Pieces and with crushed up heath bars. Both turned out delicious.
Live, love, and bake cookies
Chop up about half of your M&Ms into smaller pieces while the other half remains as is. Mix the chocolate chips, if using, into the chopped M&Ms and set aside. As with most cookies, start out by mixing the sugar and butter together. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low to medium speed until a nice cookie dough is formed. Add the chopped M&M and chocolate chip mixture to the cookie dough and mix until evenly distributed.
Scoop out 1 tbs chunks of dough and roll into balls. Put dough balls on a lined or greased baking sheet with some space between. Stick 4-5 whole M&M pieces on the top of Each ball of dough. I sometimes try to make shapes like hearts or smiley faces for the kiddo. Pop the baking sheet into the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes.
These cookies go fast, so make sure to keep a stash for yourself! This recipe yields two dozen cookies, so there’s plenty to share with others. 🤗
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (3/4 c)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup M&Ms, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Chop up 1/4 cup of the M&Ms (about half) and mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Mix butter and both sugars together in a hand or stand mixer.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix on slow-medium until a nice cookie dough forms.
- Fold in the chopped M&Ms and chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop out 1 tbs balls of the dough and place on a lined or greased cookie sheet with space between each dough ball.
- Stick 4-5 candies and/or chocolate chips on top of each cookie ball.
- Bake at 350 F for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on a cookie rack and enjoy!