Quick and easy weeknight dinners are an absolute must when you’re a working mom. If I’m going to cook on a weeknight, I have to find something to make in 30 minutes or less, otherwise I have a screaming toddler on my hands. This recipe is one of my go-to weeknight meals. It’s quick and healthy, doesn’t need many ingredients, and is on the plate within 30 minutes.
Start out by rinsing and cutting up some potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. I like to quarter a combination of gold, red, and purple mini potatoes. The colors look great on the plate and they cook much faster. Heat oil in a saute pan and add potatoes. Cook on medium-high heat for about 20-25 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
While your potatoes are cooking, rinse and pat dry your chicken and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. You can use any cut of chicken for this recipe, although I prefer to use thinly sliced skinless, boneless chicken breast because it cooks so fast (seeing a theme here?). In a separate saute pan, heat oil and add chicken. Brown on both sides on high heat, about 2-3 minutes each side.
Once chicken is nice and golden brown on both sides, move chicken to the side of the pan so theirs room to add the Brussels sprouts. Lower heat to medium-high, add some more oil to the empty side of the saute pan, and add sliced Brussels sprouts and minced garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue to saute Brussels sprouts until it begins to brown. Make sure to keep flipping the chicken until cooked through. Should take about 15-20 minutes.
Your potatoes, chicken, and Brussels sprouts should all be ready at about the same time, and under 30 minutes! Super easy right?! And super yummy too! My kiddo loves the chicken and potatoes especially – still working on the Brussels sprouts
Chicken, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 lb Thinly Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 lb Mini Potato Medley (Gold, Red, and Purple), quartered into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb Brussles Sprouts, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- Chicken Seasoning (1/2 tsp Paprika, 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, 1/2 tsp Pepper, 1 tsp Salt)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste (Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes)
- 3.5 tsp Olive Oil
- Put quartered potatoes into a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until potatoes are evenly coated with oil and seasonings.
- Heat saute pan on medium-high heat and add potatoes. Cook until crispy on outside and soft on the inside – about 20-25 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, rinse and pat dry chicken.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder on both sides
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tsp oil on high and add chicken. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Once browned on both sides, slide chicken to the side of the pan and lower heat to medium-high.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil to empty side of chicken pan and add sliced Brussels and minced garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute Brussels and garlic next to the chicken until wilted and slightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.